Horseshoe Bend is a horseshoe-shaped meander of the Colorado River in Page, Arizona, United States. Numerous attractions include boat tours, Volcanic Farms, Cascade Raft & Kayak, and Zip Line Idaho. Choose suitable accommodation for a comfortable stay. This article will give you an overview of accommodations near Horseshoe Bend.
Accommodation Options near Horseshoe Bend
Table Of Contents
Hotels and motels
- Wingate by Wyndham Page Lake Powell
- Knights Inn Page
- Motel 6 Page, AZ
- Rodeway Inn at Lake Powell
- Large Home on beautiful Crown Lake
- Crown Lake Retreat
- Rustic Ozarks Crown Point Resort
- Zion Stays Vacation Rentals
RV parks and campgrounds
- Cedar Glade Resort
- New Horizon RV Park And Campground
- Crown Lake RV Resort
- Box Hound Marina and RV Resort
Bed and Breakfasts
- Grandview Inn Bed and Breakfast
- Dreamkatchers Lake Powell Bed & Breakfast
- Shash Dine’ EcoRetreat
- The Bears Den B&B
- Rodeway Inn at Lake Powell
- Knights Inn Page
- Red Rock Motel
- Days Inn & Suites
Hotels and Motels
Hampton Inn & Suites Page is near Horseshoe Bend, Antelope Canyon, and Lake Powell. It offers parking for boats, busses, and RVs and is ideal if you want to take the whole family to explore the national parks or play at Lake Powell. Amenities include a mini-fridge, free WiFi and a work area. Some rooms have balconies with gorgeous views of the Vermillion Cliffs. It’s rated 4.6. According to the 1,041 reviews, the staff is friendly and the views are beautiful.
La Quinta Inn & Suites Page at Lake Powell offers a family-friendly environment and amenities to enhance your stay. An apartment-screen TV TV and air conditioning are provided for comfort and convenience. There’s a 24-hour front desk, grocery store, pool and complimentary breakfast. Free parking is available. Check out popular attractions while visiting La Quinta Inn & Suites Page at Lake Powell.
These are Navajo Village Heritage Center (1.8 mi) (Tripadvisor.com) and Rainbow Bridge National Monument (2.1 mi) (Nps.gov). For a seafood restaurant, consider visiting Nemo’s Fish & Chips, close to La Quinta Inn & Suites Page at Lake Powell. It is rated 4.5, and the 826 reviews testify to quality and efficiency.
Pros of staying at a hotel or motel
- Better location
- Better amenities and facilities
- Respect your budget
- Beautiful design
- Depending on the destination, it can get expensive
- Privacy issues
Benefits of renting a vacation home
Renting a vacation cottage can save you money by buying your food. The advantages of vacation rentals include more space and kitchen facilities but renting a cottage or cabin is not for everyone. It feels like Home, and you can return from your daily activities anytime.
Renting a vacation cottage allows you to settle in, as you unpack once. It accommodates a large group of people. You can stay in your dream location, including a beachfront cottage, mountain cabin, or downtown apartment. You can choose the type of property and amenities, making your vacation a dream.
Popular vacation rental websites
Booking.com has a range of hotels and other types of accommodation that you can choose for your stay. Vacation offers full-service management, marketing, cleaning, customer support, and more. Devende.com has tiny homes, cabins, treehouses, beach houses, villas, and unique holiday homes. It offers homes with high standards and better facilities. Vrbo allows you to explore vacation rentals, including houses and cabins.
How to choose the right vacation rental
- Read the description
- Read the reviews
- Check amenities
- Figure out transportation
- Look at the neighborhood
RV Parks and Campgrounds
Overview of RV parks and campgrounds near Horseshoe Bend
Horseshoe Bend Campground has large campsites with plenty of shade and room for activities. It is a few meters away from the lake shore. It features fire rings, picnic areas, drinking water, flush toilets, and three large group picnic areas for large parties and family get-togethers. Several marinas are around the lake, offering groceries, fuel, boat rentals, storage, fishing guides, and camping supplies.
Pros of RVing and camping in the area
- Full hookups on the river
- Several barges passed during the day and night
- Paved roads and spurs
- Beautiful scenery
- Great amenities
- No cell or tv signal at all and no WiFi
- Some campsites are not pet-friendly
Best RV parks and campgrounds near Horseshoe Bend
- Pine Flats Campground/Hot Springs
- Silver Creek Plunge Resort
- Bull Trout Lake Campground
- Creekside Campground and Events Center
Bed and Breakfasts
Benefits of staying in a bed and breakfast
Bed and breakfasts often offer a list of scheduled events each day, including tours of the house or nearby attractions. You have a built-in tour guide to provide all the local insight you want when traveling to a new place.
Overview of the top-rated bed and breakfasts near Horseshoe Bend
Grandview Inn Bed and Breakfast, rated 4.9, is a casual bed-and-breakfast that is 1 mile from both John Wesley Powell Museum and Page Municipal Airport, and 2 miles from Glen Canyon Dam. It offers Breakfast, parking, WiFi, and air conditioning.
Dreamkatchers Lake Powell Bed & Breakfast is rated 4.9, and it is a stylish, terracotta-colo Antelope in a contemporary low-rise building. It is 7 miles from Lake Powell and 25 miles from Antelope Canyon is in a great location for Lake Powell, Page Antelope Canyon, and the Wave. Breakfast is superb as is the comfortable Home.
The Bears Den B&B is rated 5.0. This B&B is an 8-minute walk from the restaurants in the city center, 3 miles from Lake Powell, and 5 miles from hiking and boating at Horseshoe Bend. It is comfortable and spacious. Under Canvas Lake Powell – Grand Staircase is rated 4.7. It is ideal for sightseeing, recreation, and dining.
Explanation of what a hostel is
A hostel is an accommodation that provides food and lodging for a specific group of people like travelers. Look forward to some low-cost, short-term shared sociable lodging where you can rent a bed, with shared use of a lounge and sometimes a kitchen. Rooms can be mixed or single-sex and have private or shared bathrooms.
Overview of the top-rated hostels near Horseshoe Bend
Rocky Branch Resort, rated at 6.5 is clean, quiet, and affordable. Beaver Lake Cottages is rated 6.6. It features cottages, cabins, and hostels. The Lakeview is amazing.
Reviews and ratings of popular hostels in the area
Factors to Consider When Choosing Accommodation
When choosing accommodation for your trip to Horseshoe Bend and the surrounding areas, several factors must be considered to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Some of these factors include:
- Proximity to your destinations: Consider the location of your accommodation and how close it is to the attractions and activities you want to visit. This can help you save time and money on transportation and make the most of your time in the area.
- Budget: Determine how much you want to spend on accommodation and look for options that fit your budget. Remember that prices can vary depending on the time of year and the luxury or amenities offered.
- Amenities: Consider the accommodations’ amenities, such as free WiFi, breakfast, parking, a swimming pool, a gym, and more. Consider what’s important to you and choose the accommodation that offers the amenities you need or prefer.
- Reviews and ratings: Read reviews and ratings from previous guests to get an idea of their experiences and the quality of the accommodation. This can help you avoid unpleasant surprises and make an informed decision.
- Accessibility: If you have mobility or accessibility needs, consider whether the accommodation is wheelchair accessible or has features like ramps, elevators, or grab bars in the bathroom.
- Safety and security: Consider the safety and security of the accommodation, such as security personnel, secure doors and locks, and well-lit common areas.
Top Accommodation Options near Horseshoe Bend
Ranking of the top accommodation options based on factors like location, price, and amenities
- Hyatt Place Page / Lake Powell
- Lake Powell Resort
- Motel 6 Page, AZ
- Travelodge by Wyndham Page
Overview of other nearby attractions to visit
Near Horseshoe Bend are Red Heritage, Lower Antelope Canyon, Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, Glen Canyon Dam Overlook and many other activities. Other destinations near Horseshoe Bend include Glen Canyon or Rainbow Bridge National Monument. Stop by Antelope Canyon, the Navajo Village Heritage Center or the Lake Powell Massage & Spa Boutique.
How to plan your trip to Horseshoe Bend and the surrounding areas
Planning a trip to Horseshoe Bend and the surrounding areas can be exciting. Here are some tips to help you plan a successful trip:
- Choose the best time to visit based on your preferences and travel plans. As mentioned earlier, the most popular times to visit are spring and fall, and September and October are often recommended as ideal times to visit.
- Decide on your itinerary and choose your destinations. The area has several attractions and activities, including Lake Powell, Antelope Canyon, Glen Canyon Dam, and more. Determine which places you’d like to visit and how much time you want to allocate for each.
- Schedule your travel dates and leave ample time for travel, especially if you’re flying into the area.
- Book your accommodation in advance, especially if you plan to visit during peak season. The area has several hotels, resorts, and vacation rentals, so research and book the best option for your needs.
- Plan to arrive early, especially if you plan to visit Horseshoe Bend. The site can get crowded during peak season, and arriving early can help you beat the crowds and enjoy the site with fewer people.
- Bring appropriate gear and supplies, such as comfortable hiking shoes, sunscreen, water, and a camera. Remember to respect the natural environment and follow all posted signs and regulations.
Recommended activities and tours in the area
- Lake Powell.
- Glen Canyon National Recreation Area.
- Water Holes Canyon.
- Glen Canyon Dam Overlook.
- Vermilion Cliffs National Monument.
Some of the best accommodations near Horseshoe Bend include hotels, motels, campgrounds, RVs and vacation homes. Choose the right accommodation for a comfortable stay. Visiting Horseshoe Bend requires good planning regarding transportation, proximity, budget and early booking.
What is the best time of year to visit Horseshoe Bend?
The best time of year to visit Horseshoe Bend depends on your preferences and travel plans. The most popular times to travel are generally spring and fall, when temperatures are mild and pleasant for hiking and outdoor activities. During the summer months, especially July and August, it can get extremely hot, with temperatures exceeding 100 degrees Fahrenheit, making it more difficult to enjoy outdoor activities. Winter is also a good time to travel to avoid crowds, but it can be cold and sometimes snowy. September and October are often recommended as the ideal time to travel, as temperatures are cooler and crowds are smaller. However, remember that the weather can be unpredictable and conditions can vary from year to year. If you have certain activities or interests, such as photography or boating, it’s worth researching to determine the best time to visit based on these factors.
How long should I plan to stay in the area?
How long you should stay in the region depends on your interests and travel plans. If you’re specifically interested in Horseshoe Bend, you should allow about 1 to 2 hours, including time to hike to the overlook and enjoy the view. However, if you want to visit other attractions in the area, such as Lake Powell, Antelope Canyon, or Glen Canyon Dam, you should allow more time. Many visitors spend several days in the area to enjoy the region’s natural beauty and recreational activities. If you’re unsure of how much time to allow for your trip, it’s a good idea to research the various activities and attractions in the area and plan accordingly.
Are there any hotels within walking distance of Horseshoe Bend?
Yes, there are several hotels within walking distance of Horseshoe Bend. Some of the closest options are the Hyatt Place Page/Lake Powell, which is about 1.5 miles away and offers modern rooms and amenities, the La Quinta Inn & Suites Page at Lake Powell, which is about 2 miles away and offers comfortable rooms and free breakfast, the Vacation Inn Express & Suites Page – Lake Powell Area, which is about 2.5 miles away and offers several amenities including an outdoor pool and fitness center, and the IHG Hotel, which is about 3 miles away and offers stylish rooms and several dining options. Note that these hotels can book up quickly during peak season. Therefore, it’s recommended to book in advance to secure a room.
Is it safe to hike to Horseshoe Bend?
Yes, the hike to Horseshoe Bend is generally considered safe but can be challenging. The trail to Horseshoe Bend is steep and rocky and requires an intermediate level of fitness and hiking experience. The trail is about 1.5 miles long and takes 1 to 2 hours to hike there and back. It’s recommended to wear appropriate footwear and carry plenty of water, especially in hot weather. Also, it’s important to stay on the designated path and not deviate from the trail, as this can be dangerous and harmful to the natural environment. You should consult a doctor before the hike if you have health problems or physical limitations.
Can I bring my pet to Horseshoe Bend?
Yes, you can bring your pet to Horseshoe Bend, but there are some guidelines you must follow. Pets must always be kept on a leash, no longer than three feet. You must also clean up your pet’s mess and dispose of waste properly. Although pets are generally allowed throughout the park, some areas may not be allowed, such as the visitor center or on some trails. Also, you may be asked to leave the park if your pet is aggressive or disturbing other visitors or wildlife. Finally, it is important to consider weather conditions when taking your pet into the park, as hot temperatures can be dangerous for animals.
Are there any restaurants or stores near Horseshoe Bend?
Yes, there are several restaurants and stores nearby Horseshoe Bend. Some of the nearby restaurants include Gone West Family Restaurant, which is about 1 mile away and serves American cuisine; BirdHouse, a popular breakfast spot 2 miles away; New York Teriyaki, which is about 3 miles away and serves Japanese cuisine; Mandarin Gourmet, a Chinese restaurant 5 miles away; Big John’s Texas BBQ, which is about 7 miles away and serves authentic Texas-style BBQ; and El Tapatio, a Mexican restaurant 10 miles away.
A Walmart Supercenter near Horseshoe Bend is where you can buy groceries and other household goods. There are also several gas stations and grocery stores nearby that offer snacks and drinks. It’s best to inquire about the hours of operation of these establishments before you head out.