Valley of Fire State Park is a large valley with ancient trees and petroglyphs dating back +2,000 years. It features bright red Aztec sandstone outcrops, nestled in grey and tan limestone mountains. The sandstone is from the Jurassic period. What makes the Valley popular is the complex uplifting, faulting, and erosion-carved crevices, arches, and other distinct formations.
Find suitable accommodation to enjoy all the tourist features of the Valley. These include some walking trails. Look at the beehives, hike the Fire Wave, and watch the Petroglyphs at Atlatl Rock. This article will take you through the best accommodation close to the Valley.
Factors to Consider Before Choosing Accommodation Near Valley of Fire State Park
Table Of Contents
Stay closer to the Valley of Fire so that you do not miss out on activities spending more time on the road. Stay connected to the park experience.
There is a range of accommodation that matches your pocket. Take what you can afford so that your stay will not be short.
Different accommodations have different services offered. You may not have them all in one place, but you can do without some services. Pay attention to your priority list.
The accessible resources at Valley of Fire State Park include an ADA-compliant campground and a path to Mouse’s Tank that is friendly to wheelchair users.
Reviews are first-hand information from people who have used the same accommodation.
Types of Accommodation Near Valley of Fire State Park
Hotels and Motels
- North Shore Inn at Lake Mead
- Fun N Sun Trailer Park
- Holiday Inn Express and Suits
- The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- Arch Rock Campground
- Atlatl Rock Campground
- Valley of Fire State Park
- Palm Creek RV Resort and Picnic Grounds
- Palm Creek RV Park
- Desert Eagle RV Park on Nellis AFB
- Lake Mead RV Village
- Las Vegas RV Resort
- The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa Hoover Dam Lodge
- North Shore Inn
- Motel 6 Las Vegas
- Historic Motel Route-66
- Magenta room
- Country Chateau rv
Best Hotels and Motels Near Valley of Fire State Park
North Shore Inn at Lake Mead
The North Shore Inn at Lake Mead Hotel is in Moapa Valley. You get to experience the beauty of the desert. It is ideal for boaters, swimmers, and fishermen. It is 3.5 hours from Death Valley, 5 hours from the North and South Rims of the Grand Canyon, and more than 3 hours from Bryce Canyon. It is a scenic alternate route for bypassing all the Las Vegas traffic.
Holiday Inn Express and Suits
It is 35.1 miles from Valley of Fire State Park. Their rooms start from 75 and are on a hilltop overlooking the scenic Virgin Valley. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites is next to a major shopping center.
The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort and Spa represent recreation and relaxation. This resort features spacious rooms and suites with calming decor and modern technology. The rooms offer stunning views of Lake Las Vegas. Take time to relax at Aveda Spa Lago, make a splash at the two-level Nuala Pool or visit the WestinWORKOUT Fitness Studio (Visistlasvegas.com).
Spend time at one of two championship golf courses, which are moments away; each part of the Jack Nicklaus Signature course family. Varied resort dining options include award-winning Marssa Steak and Sushi, Angus Beef, and Wagyu Steaks.
Best Campgrounds Near Valley of Fire State Park
Atlatl Rock Campground
There are blazing red rocks, petrified wood, petroglyphs, hiking, and the eye-popping beauty of the southwestern desert. You may have to bring your camera and spend a night or more. At the Atlatl Rock Campground, you can set up a home base, get out and explore till sundown. Look up for a spectacular starry sky to lull you to sleep.
Arch Rock Campground
After a few nights in Vegas, you may spend some time in the Valley of Fire State Park. At the Arch Rock Campground, you are served on a first-come-first-served basis. Reserve your spot and then explore the beautiful red rock magic of the southwest. Explore the petrified logs just down the road from camp, and do not forget to check out the starry night sky for a different view of the Nevada lights.
Best RV Parks Near Valley of Fire State Park
Palm Creek RV Park
Stop by Palm Creek RV park for a quick overnight or stay longer. This place is clean, with horses on the property. There is a beautiful little stream running right next to the RV sites. Pricing is affordable.
Lake Mead RV Village
When in Lake Mead RV Village, you may go sightseeing, tour Hoover Dam, go shopping, or visit historic Boulder City. It is near a variety of attractions. Take time to discover this diverse and historically significant area. Enjoy nights admiring the Lake Mead sunset while camping at the Lake Mead RV Village.
There are 115 RV sites with power, water, sewer, and Wi-Fi. It also features two meeting rooms for group activities with indoor seating, a kitchen facility, large screen television, and a large outside deck with spectacular lake views.
The outdoor recreation area provides a Bocce ball court, two horseshoe pits, and four picnic areas with a BBQ. There is a convenience and gift store located in the main office complex. The laundry facility is open 24 hours and walkable to Boulder Beach.
Best Vacation Rentals Near Valley of Fire State Park
Eureka Casino Resort
Rooms are available for 121. There is an airport transfer, valet parking, shuttle service, free Wi-Fi in all rooms, a swimming pool, and a hot tub.
It is close to Virgin Valley Heritage Museum, Mesquite Fine Arts Gallery, and Mesquite Airport. It features a Car park Free Wi-Fi in all rooms, a Front desk, BBQ facilities, a Fitness center, a Tennis court, a Swimming pool, and a Hot tub. Parking is free (Visitmesquite.com) .
Best Airbnb Near Valley of Fire State Park
Modern Canyon Overlook
I highly recommend the “Modern Canyon Overlook” guesthouse as a place to stay near Valley of Fire State Park. Here’s why:
- Stunning Location: This guesthouse is situated on a 5-acre property with sweeping views and breathtaking stargazing opportunities. Its location, just 25 minutes north of St. George, offers tranquility and a close connection to nature.
- Modern and Spacious: The 1000 sq ft guesthouse is recently built and features high-end touches. The large windows and high ceilings create a bright and airy atmosphere. It’s clear that the hosts have paid attention to detail in designing this space.
- Private Porch: The private porch off the bedroom is a highlight. It’s the perfect spot to enjoy your morning coffee while taking in the beautiful surroundings or to unwind with evening sunsets.
- Well-Equipped: The guesthouse comes with a fully equipped kitchen, making it convenient for those who want to cook their own meals. Integrated appliances add a touch of sophistication to the space.
- Comfortable Living Space: The living room boasts vaulted ceilings and large windows that offer unobstructed views. The sectional couch and smart TV make it an inviting place to relax after a day of exploring.
- Tranquil Courtyard: The Japanese-inspired courtyard provides a tranquil escape with outdoor dining options and the soothing sound of a trickling waterfall.
- Nearby Outdoor Activities: The location offers a range of outdoor activities, from hiking in Pine Valley to exploring Snow Canyon State Park and Gunlock State Park. For those willing to venture a bit farther, Zion National Park is also within reach.
- Modern Amenities: The guesthouse is equipped with modern amenities like fast Wi-Fi, a 55″ HDTV with Apple TV, in-unit washer and dryer, and a split-type ductless AC system for comfort.
- Pet-Friendly: If you’re traveling with pets, this guesthouse allows them, making it a convenient choice for pet owners.
- Privacy: You’ll have the entire guesthouse to yourself, and the hosts live across the courtyard, offering a nice balance of privacy and assistance when needed.
Overall, the “Modern Canyon Overlook” guesthouse is a fantastic choice for a relaxing and comfortable stay near Valley of Fire State Park, combining modern amenities with a serene natural setting.
Copper Mountain Tiny Home
I would highly recommend the “Copper Mountain Tiny Home” as a unique and adventurous place to stay near Valley of Fire State Park. Here’s why:
- Secluded and Scenic Location: The tiny home is situated on 40 acres of private land surrounded by red rock canyons. It offers a truly immersive experience in the rugged beauty of southern Utah, with miles of hiking trails right at your doorstep.
- Stargazing Loft: The king loft with a skylight for stargazing is a standout feature. It provides an opportunity to enjoy the breathtaking night sky of this remote area.
- Full Amenities: Despite its tiny size, the home is well-equipped with a kitchen and a full bathroom, ensuring that you have the comfort and convenience you need during your stay.
- Outdoor Living: The property includes a fire pit and outdoor seating, allowing you to relax and unwind while surrounded by the natural beauty of the area. It’s an excellent spot for campfires and enjoying the serene desert ambiance.
- Proximity to Outdoor Activities: The location is centrally located near several outdoor attractions, including Zion National Park, Sand Hollow, Gooseberry Mesa, and Gem Trail. This makes it an ideal base for exploring the region’s natural wonders.
- Adventure Options: If you’re looking for additional adventure experiences, the hosts offer horseback riding, UTV off-road adventure tours, and mountain bike rentals. These activities can add even more excitement to your stay.
- Off-the-Grid Experience: It’s important to note that the tiny home is off the grid, which means you’ll need to manage power and water usage conservatively. However, the hosts provide clear instructions, and assistance is available if needed. This off-the-grid experience can add to the sense of adventure for those looking to disconnect from the modern world.
- Wildlife and Nature: Guests can expect to encounter the local wildlife and experience the natural sounds of the wilderness. It’s a great opportunity for nature enthusiasts and those seeking a peaceful retreat.
- Unique Artifacts: The 20-minute walk to the early man site adds an educational and historical aspect to your stay, allowing you to explore the area’s rich history.
- Close to Zion: For those planning to visit Zion National Park, the fact that it’s only a 25-minute drive away is a significant advantage. You can easily access one of the most renowned national parks in the United States.
Horizon Tiny Home
I would recommend the “Horizon Tiny Home” as a fantastic place to stay near Valley of Fire State Park, especially for travelers looking for a secluded and serene natural setting. Here’s why:
- Scenic Location: The tiny home is tucked away in a gorgeous valley on 40 acres of county land. This remote location offers stunning desert and mountain views, making it a perfect escape for nature enthusiasts.
- Proximity to Attractions: The tiny home serves as an excellent home base for exploring nearby attractions, including Zion National Park, Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon National Park, and Ancient Indian petroglyphs. It’s a convenient and central location for accessing multiple natural wonders.
- Comforts of Home: Despite its remote setting, the tiny home provides all the comforts of home. You’ll have a full kitchen, full bathroom, two queen beds, a pull-out couch, a TV/DVD player, AC/heat, and a hot water heater for showers. This ensures that you can relax in comfort after a day of outdoor adventures.
- Outdoor Amenities: The property offers outdoor seating, a fire pit, and a BBQ, allowing you to fully embrace the outdoor experience. It’s an ideal setting for stargazing and roasting marshmallows under the desert sky.
- Off-the-Grid Experience: Like the previous recommendation, the “Horizon Tiny Home” is off the grid, using solar power and generator backup. Guests should be mindful of power and water usage, but the hosts provide clear instructions and assistance if needed.
- Unique Setting: The tiny home is in a secluded area with access to limited water, providing a unique and rustic experience for those seeking a true escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.
- Pet-Friendly: If you’re traveling with pets, this property allows them, making it a convenient choice for pet owners.
- Compost Toilet: The high-end compost toilet is an eco-friendly feature that aligns with the property’s off-the-grid and nature-friendly ethos.
- Accessibility: Although it’s off the beaten path, the tiny home is accessible by car for most of the year, ensuring that guests can reach it without major difficulties.
- Breathtaking Scenery: The surrounding scenery is breathtaking, with opportunities for hiking and exploring the nearby ancient Indian petroglyphs. It’s a nature lover’s paradise.
In summary, the “Horizon Tiny Home” offers a unique and immersive desert experience with all the essential amenities for a comfortable stay. It’s an ideal choice for travelers looking to disconnect from the modern world and connect with the natural beauty of the region while remaining conveniently close to major attractions.
Mesquite Vacation Rental – Close to Golf Courses!
I would recommend the “Mesquite Vacation Rental” as an excellent place to stay near Valley of Fire State Park, particularly for travelers seeking a comfortable and well-equipped home for their stay. Here’s why:
- Spacious and Well-Equipped: This vacation rental offers three bedrooms, comfortably accommodating up to 7 guests. With three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and additional sleeping arrangements, it’s suitable for families or groups. The home is thoughtfully equipped with amenities like a crib, high chair, and a well-stocked kitchen with cooking basics and spices.
- Outdoor Paradise: The backyard of this rental is a highlight, featuring a fire table, putting green, gas grill, and seating area. It’s a fantastic space for relaxation and entertainment, offering views of the Mesquite Mountains. Whether you want to have a barbecue or enjoy a cozy evening around the fire pit, this space has you covered.
- Convenient Location: The rental is ideally located for various activities. Golf enthusiasts will appreciate its proximity to world-class golf courses. Those who enjoy gaming can try their luck at nearby casinos. Additionally, it serves as a great base for day trips to iconic Nevada state parks, including Valley of Fire State Park.
- Family-Friendly: The property is family-friendly with a crib and high chair provided, making it suitable for families traveling with infants or young children.
- Entertainment Options: Inside the rental, guests can enjoy Smart TVs, an arcade machine, board games, and books, ensuring that there’s something for everyone to enjoy during their downtime.
- Modern Amenities: The rental includes modern conveniences such as central air conditioning and heating, keyless entry, a washer and dryer, and free Wi-Fi.
- Parking and EV Charger: There’s ample parking with a garage, driveway, and free street parking available. Plus, there’s an EV charger on-site for electric vehicle owners.
- Accessibility: The rental is accessible and single-story, making it convenient for guests of all ages.
- Free Wi-Fi and Dedicated Workspace: For those who need to work remotely or stay connected, the property offers free Wi-Fi and a dedicated workspace.
- Complimentary Toiletries: The hosts provide complimentary toiletries, which can be a convenience for travelers.
In summary, the “Mesquite Vacation Rental” offers a comfortable and spacious retreat with a range of amenities, making it an ideal choice for travelers looking for a home away from home near Valley of Fire State Park. Whether you’re seeking outdoor adventures or relaxation, this rental has you covered.
Top Picks for Budget Accommodation Near Valley of Fire State Park
Historic Beaver Dam Lodge, Golf & RV Resort
This lodge features an on-site restaurant, bar, and a golf course. Rooms offer free Wi-Fi and feature views of the area. A cable TV and toiletries are available in each room, and the hotel sits beside the golf course on the first green and second fairway. It features sweeping views of the golf course and mountains. The dining room offers breakfast, lunch, dinner, cocktails, and an extensive wine list. Rooms start from 85.
North Shore Inn at Lake Mead
North Shore Inn at Lake Mead offers accommodation in Moapa Valley. It features an outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, free WiFi, and free guest parking. Valley of Fire State Park is a 15-minute drive away.
There are comfortable non-smoking rooms at the hotel that offer a flat-screen TV, a microwave, a refrigerator, and a coffee machine. The Las Vegas Strip is a 60-minute drive away from the property and Zion National Park is 120 minute’s drive away from North Shore Inn at Lake Mead (CNN.com).
Top Picks for Luxury Accommodation Near Valley of Fire State Park
Highland Estates Resort
It is next to 7 championship golf courses, 24-hour gaming, great entertainment, and day spas. When visiting different national parks in the surrounding area, including Zion’s, Grand Canyon’s North Rim, Bryce Canyon, or Valley of Fire, Highland Estates is the place to stay. It is ideal for families or groups visiting Mesquite for Sporting Events that come to town. Highland Estates Hotel & Resort is a complete facility for relaxation and rejuvenation.
The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort and Spa is a luxurious and serene retreat on the shores of Lake Las Vegas. This hotel is an embodiment of both elegance and serenity. The stunning views, the surrounding desert, plush accommodations, and world-class amenities make it one of the most incredible destinations.
The hotel’s elegant guest rooms are all decorated in a Mediterranean style with all the amenities for a comfortable stay. Experience the hotel’s private beach access, where you can enjoy endless water activities such as kayaking and paddle boarding or relax and soak up the sun.
The hotel features a fitness center, outdoor pool, and hot tub. Relax in the hotel’s full-service spa, offering a variety of treatments and services. The hotel’s location makes it easy to explore the city’s attractions, such as the Lake Las Vegas Marina, Lake Mead National Recreation Area, and the Hoover Dam. Whether you are here for a romantic getaway or a family vacation, you can still enjoy the place.
Top Family-Friendly Accommodation Near Valley of Fire State Park
Fun N’ Sun Mobile Home and RV Park
Nearby attractions include Fire Wave, Lost City Museum, and St. Thomas Ghost Town. There are also restaurants close to Fun N’ Sun Mobile Home and RV Park, including La Fonda, Inside Scoop, and McDonald’s. It is 0.3 miles away from the center of Overton.
The North Shore Inn
It is at Lake Mead Hotel, hidden in the heart of Moapa Valley. The lodging offers the beauty and quiet tranquility of the desert and is just an hour north of Las Vegas. That is the perfect hotel getaway to experience everything the area offers.
Top Accommodation with Scenic Views Near Valley of Fire State Park
It is in Hallandale Beach, within 2.7 km of North City Beach Park and 14 km of Hard Rock Stadium. Plaza Motel offers accommodation with a garden and free WiFi, and free private parking for guests. It is 16 km from Broward Convention Center (Visistlauderdale.com), 16 km from Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, and 19 km from International Swimming Hall of Fame.
The garden views are amazing. The units at the motel feature air conditioning, a seating area, a flat-screen TV with cable channels, a kitchen, a dining area, a safety deposit box, and a private bathroom with a shower, toiletries, and a hairdryer.
It is 19 km from Fort Lauderdale Las Olas Marina and the Broward Center for the Performing Arts is 20 km away. The nearest airport is Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, 10 km from Plaza Motel.
North Shore Inn
It is in Moapa Valley and 2 miles from the archaeological Lost City Museum. It is 12 miles from Valley of Fire State Park. The rooms are relaxed, warmly decorated and offer free Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs. There are microwaves, minifridges, and coffeemakers. Some sitting areas have wet bars and pool-view balconies.
They also offer a hot breakfast buffet, parking for cars, RVs, and boats, a seasonal outdoor pool, and a hot tub. Guest laundry facilities are available, and pets are allowed.
Top Accommodation with Unique Features Near Valley of Fire State Park
It features a world-class spa with relaxing, nourishing services for the body and soul. Experience its deluxe rooms as you try your luck at over 800 video poker and slot machines, Blackjack, Craps, Roulette, Three Card Poker, Pai Gow, and Race and Sports Book. Then play a few rounds at the Cal Olsen-designed
Cannery Casino & Hotel
It offers helpful amenities designed to enhance your stay. Check out Republic Services Southern Nevada Recycling Center, a popular North Las Vegas attraction. Cannery Casino & Hotel offers a flat-screen TV, air conditioning, and a desk in the rooms, and keeps you connected during your stay.
The hotel features a 24-hour front desk, room service, and baggage storage. Guests can enjoy a pool and an on-site restaurant and free parking. Explore some barbeque restaurants such as Famous Dave’s, SNS Diner & BBQ, or House Of Manchester Primal Brasserie. Visit the Planetarium, a science museum.
Tips for Booking Accommodation Near Valley of Fire State Park
Best time to book
The best time to book is using winter. During summer, the desert heat is too intense for a prolonged stay. Winter is the quiet season when the park is the least busy.
There are endless spots for your shopping when you are visiting Valley of fire state park. These include Lin’s Marketplace, Lin’s Fresh Market – Overton, Moapa Paiute, Travel Plaza, Sinclair, Maverik, Sage Health & Home Center and, Love’s Travel Stop.
Special deals and discounts
Book your stay in advance to get deals and discounts. These are usually available when accommodation is not in demand.
Canceling reservations within three days of the arrival date attract a transaction fee of 10 and the cost of a one-night stay. For more information on the reservation system, visit parks.nv.gov/about/reservations.
What to Pack for Your Stay Near Valley of Fire State Park
- Hiking gear
- Sun protection
Things to Do Near Valley of Fire State Park
- Rock Climbing
- Wildlife Viewing
Best Places to Eat Near Valley of Fire State Park
Cablp features breakfast, lunch, and pizza. There is an outdoor seating area, casual moderate noise for groups, street parking, private lot parking, tv, and covered outdoor seating. It is ideal for multicultural groups.
This is a place to be when you are craving the richest, creamiest homemade ice cream you have ever tasted or the best coffee. They make their coffee from an espresso machine imported from Holland.
Transportation Options Near Valley of Fire State Park
AVIS Bonaire has pick-up and drop-off service from your hotel, and you can get a car right at the airport. Cars Range from SUV to economy depending on preference and your budget. Compare car supplies for savings.
Personalized Valley of Fire State Park tour provides round-trip transport from Las Vegas by limousine coach. Get to tour around the towering red rock formations and more scenic places.
The cheapest way to get from the Las Vegas Strip to Valley of Fire State Park by public transport costs 13. Line 203 bus takes 2h 9m. The road distance is 93.8 km.
In conclusion, there are endless accommodation options when you intend to stay close to the Valley of Fire state park. Depending on your budget, preference, and number of people, you can stay at North Shore Inn at Lake Mead, The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, Hoover Dam Lodge, Hilton Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Las Vegas Nellis or Motel 6 Las. Try the fifteenth cuisines from different restaurants. Book in advance for discounts and deals. Enjoy your stay.
What is the best time of year to visit Valley of Fire State Park?
The best time for Valley of Fire State Park is November to March when the weather is mild and ideal for outdoor activities. Here’s what to expect:
- November (Fall): Cooler temperatures are excellent for hiking and exploring the unique rock formations.
- December to February (Winter): Daytime temperatures in the 50s to 60s°F (10-20°C) are perfect for outdoor adventures. Nights can get chilly, so bring warm clothing if you’ll be out late.
- March (Early Spring): As temperatures rise, wildflowers bloom, enhancing the desert landscape. Ideal for hiking and photography.
Visiting in summer (June to August) means extreme heat, often over 100°F (37°C). Plan early morning or late afternoon activities to avoid the heat.
Is it safe to stay in the surrounding area of Valley of Fire State Park?
Staying near Valley of Fire State Park’s safety relies on your readiness for desert challenges. The area endures extreme temperature shifts, low humidity, and potential weather extremes:
- Weather: Summers surpass 100°F (37°C), while winters get cold. Dress appropriately, stay hydrated, and use sun protection.
- Hydration: Stay hydrated in the hot desert; bring enough water.
- Wildlife: Watch for local creatures like rattlesnakes and scorpions; keep your distance.
- Navigation: Desert terrain can be challenging; carry a map or GPS, and inform someone of your plans.
- Campfires: If camping, follow fire rules to prevent wildfires, and check for restrictions.
- Flash Floods: Desert flash floods can occur during heavy rain; be cautious and avoid low areas.
With preparation and adherence to safety guidelines, your stay near Valley of Fire State Park can be enjoyable. Plan according to the season and activities you’ll pursue.
Can I bring my pet to accommodation near Valley of Fire State Park?
Yes, many accommodations near Valley of Fire State Park allow pets on a leash not exceeding six feet. Pet policies vary, so check with your chosen lodging for rules and potential fees. Some places have pet-friendly areas, while others may limit pet types and sizes. Contact the accommodation in advance to ensure pet acceptance and understand any requirements. Follow these guidelines for an enjoyable stay with your pet near Valley of Fire State Park.
Are there any accommodation options inside the park?
Valley of Fire State Park offers camping and cabin rentals within its boundaries. Campgrounds like Arch Rock, Atlatl Rock, and White Domes provide basic amenities. Cabin rentals feature beds, bathrooms, and kitchen facilities. Reservations are advisable, especially during peak seasons. Staying in the park offers a unique experience amid natural beauty. For specific booking details, feel free to ask.
What is the cancellation policy for accommodation near Valley of Fire State Park?
The cancellation policy for accommodations near Valley of Fire State Park may vary depending on the specific lodging provider you choose. However, as a general guideline, many accommodations in the area have a policy that requires you to cancel your reservation at least 24 hours before the scheduled check-in time to receive a full refund. It’s important to note that this policy can differ between hotels, motels, campgrounds, and vacation rentals, so it’s advisable to check the cancellation terms and conditions provided by the particular accommodation you’re interested in.
To get the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the cancellation policy for your chosen accommodation, I recommend visiting the official website of the lodging provider or contacting their customer service directly. Additionally, reading reviews or checking with online booking platforms like Expedia, Booking.com, or Airbnb can also provide insights into the specific cancellation policies of accommodations near Valley of Fire State Park.
Please let me know if you have any specific accommodation in mind, and I can try to provide more detailed information based on that.